Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

Psalm 42:5

Fulfill Thy Will
By:
Amy Carmichael


O my soul, why art thou vexed
And disquited in me?
Why cast down and sore perplexed,
Goest thou so heavily?
Hath the Lord thy God forgot?
Can it be He careth not?

Nay, He careth. Clouds of sadness
Quick dissolve in gracious rain.
God of all my joy and gladness,
I will tune my harp again:
I will sing Thy love long tried,
And Thy comforts multiplied.

I have proved the heavenly treasure
Sustenance in desert land;
I have tasted of the pleasure
Stored for us at Thy right hand.
Now right joyously I praise
Thee, the Succor of my days

Surely peace, like some fair river,
Reacheth even unto me;
And my leaf need never wither
For my root is hid in Thee
Ever let Thy love fulfill
In me, Lord, Thy welcome will.




No comments: