Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Since 1987


I've known these kids since before my memory kicked in, (which was pretty late but that doesn't matter)  and man do I love them. When you're young and you have a strong sense of true friends you hope it only gets better as the years bring on the change. And though our times together look nothing like the dirt clod wars and alternate imaginative or post-apocalyptic stories we pretended I can say it has indeed, gotten better.
Why?
Because we went through salvation together and that bond is stronger than childhood. Phew! Jesus glue is more binding than memory glue. I'm glad He is so giving, nostalgic and sentimental. I'm so glad I can look at each of these people and see them as I remember them as they talk about their grown up woes, joys and jokes (that still make me laugh like nothing else can).


Classic



No comments: